Prothena Corporation plc (NASDAQ:PRTA)’s traded shares stood at 1.08 million during the last session, with the company’s beta value hitting 0.44. At the close of trading, the stock’s price was $48.27, to imply a decrease of -1.43% or -$0.7 in intraday trading. The PRTA share’s 52-week high remains $66.47, putting it -37.7% down since that peak but still an impressive 56.37% since price per share fell to its 52-week low of $21.06. The company has a valuation of $2.65B, with an average of 0.46 million shares in intraday trading volume over the past 10 days and average of 497.99K shares over the past 3 months.
Prothena Corporation plc (NASDAQ:PRTA) trade information
After registering a -1.43% downside in the last session, Prothena Corporation plc (PRTA) has traded red over the past five days. The stock hit a weekly high of 50.50 this Friday, 03/17/23, dropping -1.43% in its intraday price action. The 5-day price performance for the stock is 0.60%, and -10.48% over 30 days. With these gigs, the year-to-date price performance is -19.88%. Short interest in Prothena Corporation plc (NASDAQ:PRTA) saw shorts transact 3.09 million shares and set a 6.79 days time to cover.
Do You Know The Best Place To Find Gains In Volatile Markets?
In today's chaotic marketplace, the biggest gains will come from some currently-small companies that pass by older, larger businesses still stuck in a pre-pandemic world. The trick is figuring out which small caps will be tomorrow's winners. That's why StockWire News has put together a special Wealth Building Report, highlighting 3 small cap stocks set to soar in 2023.
Click here for full details and to join for free.
Prothena Corporation plc (PRTA) estimates and forecasts
Looking at statistics comparing Prothena Corporation plc share performance against respective industry, we note that the company has underperformed competitors. Prothena Corporation plc (PRTA) shares are 60.90% up over the last 6 months, with its year-to-date growth rate lower than industry average at -49.80% against 9.60%. Revenue is forecast to shrink -20.50% this quarter before falling -13.60% for the next one. The rating firms project that company’s revenue will shrink -48.10% compared to the previous financial year.
Revenue forecast for the current quarter as set by 7 analysts is $8.25 million. Meanwhile, for the quarter ending Jun 2023, a total of 7 analyst(s) estimate revenue growth to $8.25 million.Earnings reports from the last fiscal year show that sales brought in $1.15 million and $1.31 million respectively in the corresponding quarters. In this case, analysts estimate current quarter sales to rise 615.50% before jumping 528.80% in the following quarter.
An assessment of the company’s 5-year growth patterns shows that annual earnings grew an estimated 9.60% for the past 5-year period. While 2023 is set for a -278.70% return in earnings, projections for the next 5 years are at -0.60% annually.
Prothena Corporation plc has its next earnings report out on February 23. However, it is important to take into account that this dividend yield ratio is just an indicator to only serve the purpose of guidance. Investors interested to invest in the stock should ponder company’s other fundamental and operations related aspects too. Prothena Corporation plc has a forward dividend ratio of 0, with the share yield ticking at 0.00% to continue the rising pattern observed over the past year. The company’s average dividend yield trailing the past 5-year period is 0.00%.
Prothena Corporation plc (NASDAQ:PRTA)’s Major holders
Prothena Corporation plc insiders hold 4.73% of total outstanding shares, with institutional holders owning 95.10% of the shares at 99.82% float percentage. In total, 95.10% institutions holds shares in the company, led by EcoR1 Capital, LLC. As of Dec 30, 2022, the company held over 11.58 million shares (or 22.04% of shares), all amounting to roughly $559.17 million.
The next major institution holding the largest number of shares is FMR, LLC with 3.95 million shares, or about 7.51% of shares outstanding. As of the market price on Dec 30, 2022, these shares were worth $190.53 million.
We also have Price (T.Rowe) New Horizons Fund and SPDR (R) Ser Tr-SPDR (R) S&P (R) Biotech ETF as the top two Mutual Funds with the largest holdings of the Prothena Corporation plc (PRTA) shares. Going by data provided on Sep 29, 2022, Price (T.Rowe) New Horizons Fund holds roughly 1.47 million shares. This is just over 3.05% of the total shares, with a market valuation of $71.14 million. Data from the same date shows that the other fund manager holds a little less at 1.32 million, or 2.73% of the shares, all valued at about 63.86 million.