Gilead Sciences Inc. (NASDAQ:GILD)’s traded shares stood at 2.75 million during the latest session, with the company’s beta value hitting 0.40. At the last check today, the stock’s price was $77.59, to imply a decrease of -2.83% or -$2.26 in intraday trading. The GILD share’s 52-week high remains $89.74, putting it -15.66% down since that peak but still an impressive 26.32% since price per share fell to its 52-week low of $57.17. The company has a valuation of $98.89B, with an average of 5.76 million shares in intraday trading volume over the past 10 days and average of 6.11 million shares over the past 3 months.
Gilead Sciences Inc. (NASDAQ:GILD) trade information
After registering a -2.83% downside in the latest session, Gilead Sciences Inc. (GILD) has traded red over the past five days. The stock hit a weekly high of 81.27 this Thursday, 03/16/23, dropping -2.83% in its intraday price action. The 5-day price performance for the stock is -2.41%, and -8.77% over 30 days. With these gigs, the year-to-date price performance is -9.63%. Short interest in Gilead Sciences Inc. (NASDAQ:GILD) saw shorts transact 14.93 million shares and set a 2.17 days time to cover.
From Robots to Self-Driving Cars: 5 AI Stocks to Consider for Your Portfolio
The artificial intelligence (AI) revolution is already here and it's about to change everything we know about everything. With the global market for AI projected to grow from $137 billion in 2022 to over $1.81 trillion by 2030, there's never been a better time to invest in this burgeoning industry. That's why we've compiled a list of the Top 5 AI Stocks to Buy for 2023. These companies are at the forefront of the AI revolution, and have the potential to deliver huge returns to investors like you.
Get our free report, "Top 5 AI Stocks to Buy for 2023".
Gilead Sciences Inc. (GILD) estimates and forecasts
Looking at statistics comparing Gilead Sciences Inc. share performance against respective industry, we note that the company has underperformed competitors. Gilead Sciences Inc. (GILD) shares are 19.36% up over the last 6 months, with its year-to-date growth rate lower than industry average at -5.79% against 9.60%. Revenue is forecast to shrink -26.40% this quarter before jumping 8.20% for the next one. The rating firms project that company’s revenue will shrink -2.10% compared to the previous financial year.
Revenue forecast for the current quarter as set by 18 analysts is $6.34 billion. Meanwhile, for the quarter ending Jun 2023, a total of 17 analyst(s) estimate revenue growth to $6.48 billion.Earnings reports from the last fiscal year show that sales brought in $6.59 billion and $6.26 billion respectively in the corresponding quarters. In this case, analysts estimate current quarter sales to fall -3.90% before jumping 3.50% in the following quarter.
An assessment of the company’s 5-year growth patterns shows that annual earnings shrunk an estimated -13.90% for the past 5-year period. While 2023 is set for a -26.20% return in earnings, projections for the next 5 years are at 2.52% annually.
Gilead Sciences Inc. has its next earnings report out between April 26 and May 01. However, it is important to take into account that this dividend yield ratio is just an indicator to only serve the purpose of guidance. Investors interested to invest in the stock should ponder company’s other fundamental and operations related aspects too. Gilead Sciences Inc. has a forward dividend ratio of 3.00, with the share yield ticking at 3.76% to continue the rising pattern observed over the past year. The company’s average dividend yield trailing the past 5-year period is 0.00%.
Gilead Sciences Inc. (NASDAQ:GILD)’s Major holders
Gilead Sciences Inc. insiders hold 0.08% of total outstanding shares, with institutional holders owning 84.49% of the shares at 84.56% float percentage. In total, 84.49% institutions holds shares in the company, led by Blackrock Inc. As of Sep 29, 2022, the company held over 128.46 million shares (or 10.24% of shares), all amounting to roughly $7.92 billion.
The next major institution holding the largest number of shares is Vanguard Group, Inc. (The) with 112.09 million shares, or about 8.94% of shares outstanding. As of the market price on Sep 29, 2022, these shares were worth $6.91 billion.
We also have Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Fund and Income Fund of America Inc as the top two Mutual Funds with the largest holdings of the Gilead Sciences Inc. (GILD) shares. Going by data provided on Sep 29, 2022, Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Fund holds roughly 37.38 million shares. This is just over 2.98% of the total shares, with a market valuation of $2.31 billion. Data from the same date shows that the other fund manager holds a little less at 31.48 million, or 2.51% of the shares, all valued at about 2.7 billion.