In recent trading session, The AES Corporation (NYSE:AES) saw 0.5 million shares changing hands at last check today with its beta currently measuring 0.89. Company’s recent per share price level of $24.24 trading at -$0.79 or -3.16% at last check today assigns it a market valuation of $17.22B. That most recent trading price of AES’s stock is at a discount of -14.6% from its 52-week high price of $27.78 and is indicating a premium of 23.18% from its 52-week low price of $18.62. Taking a look at company’s average trading volume for last 10-days demonstrates a volume of 4.65 million shares which gives us an average trading volume of 5.05 million if we extend that period to 3-months.
The AES Corporation (NYSE:AES) trade information
Upright in the red during last session for losing -3.16%, in the last five days AES remained trading in the red while hitting it’s week-highest on Monday, 09/19/22 when the stock touched $24.24 price level, adding 8.94% to its value on the day. The AES Corporation’s shares saw a change of 3.00% in year-to-date performance and have moved -6.22% in past 5-day. The AES Corporation (NYSE:AES) showed a performance of 0.89% in past 30-days. Number of shares sold short was 12.21 million shares which calculate 2.61 days to cover the short interests.
Wall Street analysts have assigned a consensus price target of $28.91 to the stock, which implies a rise of 16.15% to its recent value today. Analysts have been projecting $23.00 as a low price target for the stock while placing it at a high target of $32.00. It follows that stock’s current price would drop -32.01% in reaching the projected high whereas dropping to the targeted low would mean a gain of 5.12% for stock’s current value.
The AES Corporation (AES) estimates and forecasts
Statistics highlight that The AES Corporation is scoring comparatively lower than the scores of other players of the relevant industry. The company added 6.97% of value to its shares in past 6 months, showing an annual growth rate of 5.92% while that of industry is 6.60. Apart from that, the company came raising its revenue forecast for fiscal year 2022. The company is estimating its revenue growth to increase by 22.00% in the current quarter and calculating -4.40% decrease in the next quarter. This year revenue growth is estimated to rise 5.40% from the last financial year’s standing.
4 industry analysts have given their estimates about the company’s current quarter revenue by setting an average figure of $3.04 billion for the same. And 4 analysts are in estimates of company making revenue of $3.07 billion in the next quarter that will end on Dec 2022. Company posted $3.04 billion and $2.77 billion of sales in current and next quarters respectively a year earlier. Analysts are expecting this quarter sales to grow by 0.30% while estimating it to be 10.70% for the next quarter.
Weighing up company’s earnings over the past 5-year and in the next 5-year periods, we find the company posting an annual earnings growth rate of 4.38% during past 5 years. In 2022, company’s earnings growth rate is likely to be around 5.90% while estimates for its earnings growth in next 5 years are of 8.00%.
The AES Corporation is more likely to be releasing its next quarterly report between November 02 and November 07 and investors are confident in the company announcing better current-quarter dividends despite the fact that it has been facing issues arising out of mounting debt.
The AES Corporation (NYSE:AES)’s Major holders
Insiders are in possession of 0.34% of company’s total shares while institution are holding 97.51 percent of that, with stock having share float percentage of 97.84%. Investors also watch the number of corporate investors in a company very closely, which is 97.51% institutions for The AES Corporation that are currently holding shares of the company. Vanguard Group, Inc. (The) is the top institutional holder at AES for having 86.61 million shares of worth $2.1 billion. And as of Jun 29, 2022, it was holding 12.97% of the company’s outstanding shares.
The second largest institutional holder is Capital World Investors, which was holding about 65.35 million shares on Jun 29, 2022. The number of shares represents firm’s hold over 9.78% of outstanding shares, having a total worth of $1.58 billion.
On the other hand, Fundamental Investors Inc and Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Fund are the top two Mutual Funds which own company’s shares. As of Jun 29, 2022, the former fund manager was holding 32.15 million shares of worth $779.26 million or 4.81% of the total outstanding shares. The later fund manager was in possession of 19.68 million shares on Jun 29, 2022, making its stake of worth around $476.98 million in the company or a holder of 2.95% of company’s stock.