During the recent session, Expedia Group Inc. (NASDAQ:EXPE)’s traded shares were 2.78 million, with the beta value of the company hitting 1.62. At the last check today, the stock’s price was $103.65, reflecting an intraday gain of 1.42% or $1.45. The 52-week high for the EXPE share is $217.72, that puts it down -110.05 from that peak though still a striking 14.42% gain since the share price plummeted to a 52-week low of $88.70. The company’s market capitalization is $15.71B, and the average intraday trading volume over the past 10 days was 2.67 million shares, and the average trade volume was 3.39 million shares over the past three months.
Expedia Group Inc. (EXPE) received a consensus recommendation of an Overweight from analysts. That translates to a mean rating of 2.50. EXPE has a Sell rating from 0 analyst(s) out of 32 analysts who have looked at this stock. 18 analyst(s) recommend to Hold the stock while 2 suggest Overweight, and 12 recommend a Buy rating for it. 0 analyst(s) has rated the stock Underweight. Company’s earnings per share (EPS) for the current quarter are expected to be $1.58.
Expedia Group Inc. (NASDAQ:EXPE) trade information
Expedia Group Inc. (EXPE) registered a 1.42% upside in the last session and has traded in the red over the past 5 sessions. The stock spiked 1.42% in intraday trading to $103.65 this Thursday, 08/04/22, hitting a weekly high. The stock’s 5-day price performance is -2.95%, and it has moved by 8.87% in 30 days. Based on these gigs, the overall price performance for the year is -33.31%. The short interest in Expedia Group Inc. (NASDAQ:EXPE) is 7.47 million shares and it means that shorts have 2.44 day(s) to cover.
The consensus price target of analysts on Wall Street is $162.96, which implies an increase of 36.4% to the stock’s current value. The extremes of the forecast give a target low and a target high price of $108.00 and $275.00 respectively. As a result, EXPE is trading at a discount of -165.32% off the target high and -4.2% off the low.
Expedia Group Inc. (EXPE) estimates and forecasts
Statistics show that Expedia Group Inc. has outperformed its competitors in share price, compared to the industry in which it operates. Expedia Group Inc. (EXPE) shares have gone down -44.86% during the last six months, with a year-to-date growth rate more than the industry average at 288.48% against -9.70. Yet analysts are ramping up their growth forecast for the fiscal year 2022. Revenue is predicted to grow 239.80% this quarter and then jump 16.70% in the quarter after that. In the rating firms’ projections, revenue will increase 35.70% compared to the previous financial year.
Revenue for the current quarter is expected to be $3 billion as predicted by 27 analyst(s). Meanwhile, a consensus of 27 analyst(s) estimates revenue growth to $3.63 billion by the end of Sep 2022. As per earnings report from last fiscal year’s results, sales for the corresponding quarters totaled $2.01 billion and $2.96 billion respectively. In this case, analysts expect current quarter sales to grow by 49.50% and then jump by 22.70% in the coming quarter.
An analysis of the company’s performance over the past 5 years shows that the company’s earnings shrunk an estimated -24.40%. While earnings are projected to return 90.50% in 2022, the next five years will return 22.80% per annum.
Expedia Group Inc. is due to release its next quarterly earnings between February 09 and February 14. However, it is important to remember that the dividend yield ratio is merely an indicator meant to only serve as guidance.
Expedia Group Inc. (NASDAQ:EXPE)’s Major holders
Expedia Group Inc. insiders own 0.46% of total outstanding shares while institutional holders control 98.56%, with the float percentage being 99.01%. Vanguard Group, Inc. (The) is the largest shareholder of the company, while 1,164 institutions own stock in it. As of Mar 30, 2022, the company held over 16.15 million shares (or 10.65% of all shares), a total value of $3.16 billion in shares.
The next largest institutional holding, with 12.84 million shares, is of Blackrock Inc.’s that is approximately 8.47% of outstanding shares. At the market price on Mar 30, 2022, these shares were valued at $2.51 billion.
Also, the Mutual Funds coming in first place with the largest holdings of Expedia Group Inc. (EXPE) shares are Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Fund and Vanguard Mid-Cap Index Fund. Data provided on Mar 30, 2022 indicates that Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Fund owns about 4.33 million shares. This amounts to just over 2.86 percent of the company’s overall shares, with a $848.02 million market value. The same data shows that the other fund manager holds slightly less at 3.41 million, or about 2.25% of the stock, which is worth about $667.41 million.