During the last session, DexCom Inc. (NASDAQ:DXCM)’s traded shares were 2.31 million, with the beta value of the company hitting 1.06. At the end of the trading day, the stock’s price was $71.52, reflecting an intraday gain of 1.50% or $1.06. The 52-week high for the DXCM share is $164.86, that puts it down -130.51 from that peak though still a striking 6.47% gain since the share price plummeted to a 52-week low of $66.89. The company’s market capitalization is $27.74B, and the average intraday trading volume over the past 10 days was 3.6 million shares, and the average trade volume was 3.67 million shares over the past three months.
DexCom Inc. (DXCM) received a consensus recommendation of an Overweight from analysts. That translates to a mean rating of 1.60. DXCM has a Sell rating from 0 analyst(s) out of 18 analysts who have looked at this stock. 3 analyst(s) recommend to Hold the stock while 3 suggest Overweight, and 12 recommend a Buy rating for it. 0 analyst(s) has rated the stock Underweight. Company’s earnings per share (EPS) for the current quarter are expected to be $0.76.
DexCom Inc. (NASDAQ:DXCM) trade information
DexCom Inc. (DXCM) registered a 1.50% upside in the last session and has traded in the green over the past 5 sessions. The stock spiked 1.50% in intraday trading to $71.52 this Wednesday, 06/22/22, hitting a weekly high. The stock’s 5-day price performance is 3.19%, and it has moved by -10.94% in 30 days. Based on these gigs, the overall price performance for the year is -33.08%. The short interest in DexCom Inc. (NASDAQ:DXCM) is 3.34 million shares and it means that shorts have 4.87 day(s) to cover.
The consensus price target of analysts on Wall Street is $125.55, which implies an increase of 43.03% to the stock’s current value. The extremes of the forecast give a target low and a target high price of $87.00 and $150.00 respectively. As a result, DXCM is trading at a discount of -109.73% off the target high and -21.64% off the low.
DexCom Inc. (DXCM) estimates and forecasts
Statistics show that DexCom Inc. has outperformed its competitors in share price, compared to the industry in which it operates. DexCom Inc. (DXCM) shares have gone down -47.50% during the last six months, with a year-to-date growth rate more than the industry average at 10.45% against 3.00. In the rating firms’ projections, revenue will increase 19.20% compared to the previous financial year.
Revenue for the current quarter is expected to be $695.38 million as predicted by 16 analyst(s). Meanwhile, a consensus of 16 analyst(s) estimates revenue growth to $761.91 million by the end of Sep 2022. As per earnings report from last fiscal year’s results, sales for the corresponding quarters totaled $595.1 million and $650.2 million respectively. In this case, analysts expect current quarter sales to grow by 16.90% and then jump by 17.20% in the coming quarter.
An analysis of the company’s performance over the past 5 years shows that the company’s earnings grew an estimated 31.70%. While earnings are projected to return -69.50% in 2022, the next five years will return 30.90% per annum.
DexCom Inc. is due to release its next quarterly earnings between April 27 and May 02. However, it is important to remember that the dividend yield ratio is merely an indicator meant to only serve as guidance.
DexCom Inc. (NASDAQ:DXCM)’s Major holders
DexCom Inc. insiders own 0.40% of total outstanding shares while institutional holders control 97.47%, with the float percentage being 97.87%. Vanguard Group, Inc. (The) is the largest shareholder of the company, while 1,288 institutions own stock in it. As of Dec 30, 2021, the company held over 10.41 million shares (or 10.61% of all shares), a total value of $5.59 billion in shares.
The next largest institutional holding, with 8.44 million shares, is of Blackrock Inc.’s that is approximately 8.60% of outstanding shares. At the market price on Mar 30, 2022, these shares were valued at $4.32 billion.
Also, the Mutual Funds coming in first place with the largest holdings of DexCom Inc. (DXCM) shares are Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Fund and Vanguard Mid-Cap Index Fund. Data provided on Dec 30, 2021 indicates that Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Fund owns about 2.75 million shares. This amounts to just over 2.81 percent of the company’s overall shares, with a $1.48 billion market value. The same data shows that the other fund manager holds slightly less at 2.19 million, or about 2.23% of the stock, which is worth about $1.18 billion.