During the last session, Harsco Corporation (NYSE:HSC)’s traded shares were 0.66 million, with the beta value of the company hitting 1.97. At the end of the trading day, the stock’s price was $8.01, reflecting an intraday gain of 1.39% or $0.11. The 52-week high for the HSC share is $23.73, that puts it down -196.25 from that peak though still a striking 13.73% gain since the share price plummeted to a 52-week low of $6.91. The company’s market capitalization is $644.40M, and the average intraday trading volume over the past 10 days was 0.95 million shares, and the average trade volume was 601.64K shares over the past three months.
Harsco Corporation (HSC) received a consensus recommendation of a Buy from analysts. That translates to a mean rating of 2.00. HSC has a Sell rating from 0 analyst(s) out of 6 analysts who have looked at this stock. 1 analyst(s) recommend to Hold the stock while 0 suggest Overweight, and 5 recommend a Buy rating for it. 0 analyst(s) has rated the stock Underweight. Company’s earnings per share (EPS) for the current quarter are expected to be $0.07.
Harsco Corporation (NYSE:HSC) trade information
Harsco Corporation (HSC) registered a 1.39% upside in the last session and has traded in the red over the past 5 sessions. The stock spiked 1.39% in intraday trading to $8.01 this Friday, 05/13/22, hitting a weekly high. The stock’s 5-day price performance is -4.53%, and it has moved by -30.04% in 30 days. Based on these gigs, the overall price performance for the year is -64.84%. The short interest in Harsco Corporation (NYSE:HSC) is 3.17 million shares and it means that shorts have 7.76 day(s) to cover.
The consensus price target of analysts on Wall Street is $19.40, which implies an increase of 58.71% to the stock’s current value. The extremes of the forecast give a target low and a target high price of $15.00 and $25.00 respectively. As a result, HSC is trading at a discount of -212.11% off the target high and -87.27% off the low.
Harsco Corporation (HSC) estimates and forecasts
Statistics show that Harsco Corporation has underperformed its competitors in share price, compared to the industry in which it operates. Harsco Corporation (HSC) shares have gone down -47.58% during the last six months, with a year-to-date growth rate less than the industry average at -44.93% against 18.00. Yet analysts are ramping up their growth forecast for the fiscal year 2022. Revenue is predicted to shrink -41.70% this quarter and then drop -20.00% in the quarter after that. In the rating firms’ projections, revenue will increase 10.90% compared to the previous financial year.
Revenue for the current quarter is expected to be $446.18 million as predicted by 5 analyst(s). Meanwhile, a consensus of 1 analyst(s) estimates revenue growth to $461.9 million by the end of Mar 2022. As per earnings report from last fiscal year’s results, sales for the corresponding quarters totaled $508.34 million and $528.86 million respectively. In this case, analysts expect current quarter sales to shrink by -12.20% and then drop by -12.70% in the coming quarter.
An analysis of the company’s performance over the past 5 years shows that the company’s earnings grew an estimated 17.70%. While earnings are projected to return 144.40% in 2022, the next five years will return 10.00% per annum.
Harsco Corporation is due to release its next quarterly earnings between February 23 and February 28. However, it is important to remember that the dividend yield ratio is merely an indicator meant to only serve as guidance.
Harsco Corporation (NYSE:HSC)’s Major holders
Harsco Corporation insiders own 1.72% of total outstanding shares while institutional holders control 98.19%, with the float percentage being 99.91%. Blackrock Inc. is the largest shareholder of the company, while 259 institutions own stock in it. As of Sep 29, 2021, the company held over 12.36 million shares (or 15.60% of all shares), a total value of $209.45 million in shares.
The next largest institutional holding, with 8.37 million shares, is of Vanguard Group, Inc. (The)’s that is approximately 10.57% of outstanding shares. At the market price on Sep 29, 2021, these shares were valued at $141.9 million.
Also, the Mutual Funds coming in first place with the largest holdings of Harsco Corporation (HSC) shares are iShares Core S&P Smallcap ETF and Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Fund. Data provided on Oct 30, 2021 indicates that iShares Core S&P Smallcap ETF owns about 5.34 million shares. This amounts to just over 6.74 percent of the company’s overall shares, with a $91.25 million market value. The same data shows that the other fund manager holds slightly less at 2.23 million, or about 2.82% of the stock, which is worth about $37.88 million.