In recent trading session, Macy’s Inc. (NYSE:M) saw 3.91 million shares changing hands at last check today with its beta currently measuring 2.04. Company’s recent per share price level of $26.00 trading at -$0.84 or -3.15% at last check today assigns it a market valuation of $8.15B. That most recent trading price of M’s stock is at a discount of -45.96% from its 52-week high price of $37.95 and is indicating a premium of 53.85% from its 52-week low price of $12.00. Taking a look at company’s average trading volume for last 10-days demonstrates a volume of 11.1 million shares which gives us an average trading volume of 17.56 million if we extend that period to 3-months.
For Macy’s Inc. (M), analysts’ consensus is at an average recommendation of a Hold while assigning it a mean rating of 3.10. Splitting up the data highlights that, out of 17 analysts covering the stock, 4 rated the stock as a Sell while 0 recommended an Overweight rating for the stock. 8 suggested the stock as a Hold whereas 3 see the stock as a Buy. 2 analyst(s) advised it as an Underweight. The company is expected to be making an EPS of $1.97 in the current quarter.
Macy’s Inc. (NYSE:M) trade information
Upright in the red during last session for losing -3.15%, in the last five days M remained trading in the green while hitting it’s week-highest on Thursday, 01/13/22 when the stock touched $26.00 price level, adding 6.47% to its value on the day. Macy’s Inc.’s shares saw a change of 2.52% in year-to-date performance and have moved 0.37% in past 5-day. Macy’s Inc. (NYSE:M) showed a performance of 4.11% in past 30-days. Number of shares sold short was 35.23 million shares which calculate 1.67 days to cover the short interests.
Wall Street analysts have assigned a consensus price target of $35.37 to the stock, which implies a rise of 26.49% to its recent value today. Analysts have been projecting $22.00 as a low price target for the stock while placing it at a high target of $50.00. It follows that stock’s current price would drop -92.31% in reaching the projected high whereas dropping to the targeted low would mean a gain of 15.38% for stock’s current value.
Macy’s Inc. (M) estimates and forecasts
Apart from that, the company came raising its revenue forecast for fiscal year 2022. The company is estimating its revenue growth to increase by 146.20% in the current quarter and calculating 25.60% increase in the next quarter. This year revenue growth is estimated to rise 39.60% from the last financial year’s standing.
10 industry analysts have given their estimates about the company’s current quarter revenue by setting an average figure of $8.43 billion for the same. And 6 analysts are in estimates of company making revenue of $5.03 billion in the next quarter that will end on Apr 2022.
Weighing up company’s earnings over the past 5-year and in the next 5-year periods, we find the company posting an annual earnings growth rate of -43.80% during past 5 years. In 2022, company’s earnings growth rate is likely to be around -836.30% while estimates for its earnings growth in next 5 years are of -11.82%.
Macy’s Inc. is more likely to be releasing its next quarterly report between February 21 and February 25 and investors are confident in the company announcing better current-quarter dividends despite the fact that it has been facing issues arising out of mounting debt.
Macy’s Inc. (NYSE:M)’s Major holders
Insiders are in possession of 0.18% of company’s total shares while institution are holding 97.91 percent of that, with stock having share float percentage of 98.09%. Investors also watch the number of corporate investors in a company very closely, which is 97.91% institutions for Macy’s Inc. that are currently holding shares of the company. Blackrock Inc. is the top institutional holder at M for having 45.86 million shares of worth $1.04 billion. And as of Sep 29, 2021, it was holding 15.32% of the company’s outstanding shares.
The second largest institutional holder is Vanguard Group, Inc. (The), which was holding about 33.68 million shares on Sep 29, 2021. The number of shares represents firm’s hold over 11.25% of outstanding shares, having a total worth of $761.08 million.
On the other hand, iShares Core S&P Smallcap ETF and Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Fund are the top two Mutual Funds which own company’s shares. As of Oct 30, 2021, the former fund manager was holding 20.93 million shares of worth $554.03 million or 6.99% of the total outstanding shares. The later fund manager was in possession of 8.86 million shares on Sep 29, 2021, making its stake of worth around $200.27 million in the company or a holder of 2.96% of company’s stock.