McDonald’s Corporation (NYSE:MCD)’s traded shares stood at 1.35 million during the latest session, with the company’s beta value hitting 0.63. At the last check today, the stock’s price was $243.00, to imply a decrease of -0.09% or -$0.21 in intraday trading. The MCD share’s 52-week high remains $247.05, putting it -1.67% down since that peak but still an impressive 16.57% since price per share fell to its 52-week low of $202.73. The company has a valuation of $181.20B, with average of 2.32 million shares over the past 3 months.
Analysts have given a consensus recommendation of an Overweight for McDonald’s Corporation (MCD), translating to a mean rating of 2.00. Of 37 analyst(s) looking at the stock, 0 analyst(s) give MCD a Sell rating. 3 of those analysts rate the stock as Overweight while 10 advise Hold as 24 recommend it as a Buy. 0 analyst(s) have given it an Underweight rating. Estimates put the company’s current-quarter earnings per share at $2.45.
McDonald’s Corporation (NYSE:MCD) trade information
After registering a -0.09% downside in the latest session, McDonald’s Corporation (MCD) has traded red over the past five days. The stock hit a weekly high of 244.63 this Thursday, 09/16/21, dropping -0.09% in its intraday price action. The 5-day price performance for the stock is 1.93%, and 1.22% over 30 days. With these gigs, the year-to-date price performance is 13.34%.
Analysts on Wall Street suggest a consensus price target of $267.35, implying an increase of 9.11% to the stock’s recent value. The extremes give us $232.00 and $295.00 for target low and target high price respectively. As such, MCD has been trading -21.4% off suggested target high and 4.53% from its likely low.
McDonald’s Corporation (MCD) estimates and forecasts
Looking at statistics comparing McDonald’s Corporation share performance against respective industry, we note that the company has outperformed competitors. McDonald’s Corporation (MCD) shares are 9.11% up over the last 6 months, with its year-to-date growth rate higher than industry average at 48.76% against 33.00%. Revenue is forecast to grow 10.40% this quarter before jumping 32.90% for the next one. The rating firms project that company’s revenue will grow 19.50% compared to the previous financial year.
Revenue forecast for the current quarter as set by 25 analysts is $6.05 billion. Meanwhile, for the quarter ending Dec 2021, a total of 25 analyst(s) estimate revenue growth to $5.91 billion.
An assessment of the company’s 5-year growth patterns shows that annual earnings grew an estimated 5.60% for the past 5-year period. While 2021 is set for a -21.00% return in earnings, projections for the next 5 years are at 20.42% annually.
McDonald’s Corporation has its next earnings report out between November 08 and November 12. However, it is important to take into account that this dividend yield ratio is just an indicator to only serve the purpose of guidance. Investors interested to invest in the stock should ponder company’s other fundamental and operations related aspects too. McDonald’s Corporation has a forward dividend ratio of 5.16, with the share yield ticking at 2.12% to continue the rising pattern observed over the past year. The company’s average dividend yield trailing the past 5-year period is 0.00%.
McDonald’s Corporation (NYSE:MCD)’s Major holders
McDonald’s Corporation insiders hold 0.05% of total outstanding shares, with institutional holders owning 68.74% of the shares at 68.78% float percentage. In total, 68.74% institutions holds shares in the company, led by Vanguard Group, Inc. (The). As of Jun 29, 2021, the company held over 64.57 million shares (or 8.65% of shares), all amounting to roughly $14.91 billion.
The next major institution holding the largest number of shares is Blackrock Inc. with 50.8 million shares, or about 6.80% of shares outstanding. As of the market price on Jun 29, 2021, these shares were worth $11.73 billion.
We also have Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Fund and Vanguard 500 Index Fund as the top two Mutual Funds with the largest holdings of the McDonald’s Corporation (MCD) shares. Going by data provided on Jun 29, 2021, Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Fund holds roughly 21.07 million shares. This is just over 2.82% of the total shares, with a market valuation of $4.87 billion. Data from the same date shows that the other fund manager holds a little less at 15.5 million, or 2.08% of the shares, all valued at about 3.58 billion.