During the last session, Sempra Energy (NYSE:SRE)’s traded shares were 0.64 million, with the beta value of the company hitting 0.66. At the end of the trading day, the stock’s price was $133.41, reflecting an intraday loss of -0.92% or -$1.24. The 52-week high for the SRE share is $144.93, that puts it down -8.64 from that peak though still a striking 15.8% gain since the share price plummeted to a 52-week low of $112.33. The company’s market capitalization is $42.58B, and the average intraday trading volume over the past 10 days was 1.16 million shares, and the average trade volume was 1.36 million shares over the past three months.
Sempra Energy (SRE) received a consensus recommendation of an Overweight from analysts. That translates to a mean rating of 2.20. SRE has a Sell rating from 0 analyst(s) out of 19 analysts who have looked at this stock. 7 analyst(s) recommend to Hold the stock while 2 suggest Overweight, and 10 recommend a Buy rating for it. 0 analyst(s) has rated the stock Underweight. Company’s earnings per share (EPS) for the current quarter are expected to be $1.59.
Sempra Energy (NYSE:SRE) trade information
Sempra Energy (SRE) registered a -0.92% downside in the last session and has traded in the green over the past 5 sessions. The stock plummet -0.92% in intraday trading to $133.41 this Friday, 09/03/21, hitting a weekly high. The stock’s 5-day price performance is 1.18%, and it has moved by 0.35% in 30 days. Based on these gigs, the overall price performance for the year is 8.71%. The short interest in Sempra Energy (NYSE:SRE) is 3.26 million shares and it means that shorts have 2.05 day(s) to cover.
The consensus price target of analysts on Wall Street is $151.40, which implies an increase of 11.88% to the stock’s current value. The extremes of the forecast give a target low and a target high price of $132.00 and $174.00 respectively. As a result, SRE is trading at a discount of -30.43% off the target high and 1.06% off the low.
Sempra Energy (SRE) estimates and forecasts
Statistics show that Sempra Energy has underperformed its competitors in share price, compared to the industry in which it operates. Sempra Energy (SRE) shares have gone up 8.54% during the last six months, with a year-to-date growth rate less than the industry average at 1.25% against 10.60. Yet analysts are ramping up their growth forecast for the fiscal year 2021. Revenue is predicted to shrink -3.60% this quarter and then jump 24.40% in the quarter after that. In the rating firms’ projections, revenue will increase 5.90% compared to the previous financial year.
Revenue for the current quarter is expected to be $2.74 billion as predicted by 6 analyst(s). Meanwhile, a consensus of 6 analyst(s) estimates revenue growth to $2.85 billion by the end of Sep 2021.
An analysis of the company’s performance over the past 5 years shows that the company’s earnings grew an estimated 4.00%. While earnings are projected to return 9.20% in 2021, the next five years will return 4.30% per annum.
Sempra Energy is due to release its next quarterly earnings between November 03 and November 08. However, it is important to remember that the dividend yield ratio is merely an indicator meant to only serve as guidance. Investors should also take the other fundamental and operational aspects into account before investing in the stock. The forward dividend ratio for Sempra Energy is 4.40, with the dividend yield indicating at 3.30 percent, continuing the trend of increasing dividends in recent years. The average dividend yield of the company for the last 5 years is 2.96%.
Sempra Energy (NYSE:SRE)’s Major holders
Sempra Energy insiders own 0.05% of total outstanding shares while institutional holders control 85.00%, with the float percentage being 85.04%. Price (T.Rowe) Associates Inc is the largest shareholder of the company, while 1,129 institutions own stock in it. As of Mar 30, 2021, the company held over 26.44 million shares (or 8.73% of all shares), a total value of $3.51 billion in shares.
The next largest institutional holding, with 25.5 million shares, is of Vanguard Group, Inc. (The)’s that is approximately 8.42% of outstanding shares. At the market price on Mar 30, 2021, these shares were valued at $3.38 billion.
Also, the Mutual Funds coming in first place with the largest holdings of Sempra Energy (SRE) shares are Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Fund and Washington Mutual Investors Fund. Data provided on Mar 30, 2021 indicates that Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Fund owns about 8.13 million shares. This amounts to just over 2.69 percent of the company’s overall shares, with a $1.08 billion market value. The same data shows that the other fund manager holds slightly less at 6.85 million, or about 2.26% of the stock, which is worth about $942.44 million.