During the last session, Alphabet Inc. (NASDAQ:GOOG)’s traded shares were 0.95 million. At the end of the trading day, the stock’s price was $2895.50, reflecting an intraday gain of 0.39% or $11.12. The 52-week high for the GOOG share is $2936.41, that puts it down -1.41 from that peak though still a striking 51.42% gain since the share price plummeted to a 52-week low of $1406.55. The company’s market capitalization is $1987.66B, and the average intraday trading volume over the past 10 days was 0.94 million shares, and the average trade volume was 1.06 million shares over the past three months.
Alphabet Inc. (GOOG) received a consensus recommendation of a Buy from analysts. That translates to a mean rating of 1.60. GOOG has a Sell rating from 0 analyst(s) out of 45 analysts who have looked at this stock. 1 analyst(s) recommend to Hold the stock while 6 suggest Overweight, and 38 recommend a Buy rating for it. 0 analyst(s) has rated the stock Underweight. Company’s earnings per share (EPS) for the current quarter are expected to be $23.39.
Alphabet Inc. (NASDAQ:GOOG) trade information
Alphabet Inc. (GOOG) registered a 0.39% upside in the last session and has traded in the green over the past 5 sessions. The stock spiked 0.39% in intraday trading to $2895.50 this Friday, 09/03/21, hitting a weekly high. The stock’s 5-day price performance is 0.16%, and it has moved by 5.72% in 30 days. Based on these gigs, the overall price performance for the year is 76.36%. The short interest in Alphabet Inc. (NASDAQ:GOOG) is 2.45 million shares and it means that shorts have 2.25 day(s) to cover.
The consensus price target of analysts on Wall Street is $3194.92, which implies an increase of 9.37% to the stock’s current value. The extremes of the forecast give a target low and a target high price of $3000.00 and $3600.00 respectively. As a result, GOOG is trading at a discount of -24.33% off the target high and -3.61% off the low.
Alphabet Inc. (GOOG) estimates and forecasts
Statistics show that Alphabet Inc. has outperformed its competitors in share price, compared to the industry in which it operates. Alphabet Inc. (GOOG) shares have gone up 43.05% during the last six months, with a year-to-date growth rate more than the industry average at 73.79% against 5.20. Yet analysts are ramping up their growth forecast for the fiscal year 2021. Revenue is predicted to grow 42.60% this quarter and then jump 13.00% in the quarter after that. In the rating firms’ projections, revenue will increase 37.30% compared to the previous financial year.
Revenue for the current quarter is expected to be $63.33 billion as predicted by 26 analyst(s). Meanwhile, a consensus of 26 analyst(s) estimates revenue growth to $70.81 billion by the end of Dec 2021. As per earnings report from last fiscal year’s results, sales for the corresponding quarters totaled $46.17 billion and $56.9 billion respectively. In this case, analysts expect current quarter sales to grow by 37.20% and then jump by 24.50% in the coming quarter.
While earnings are projected to return 72.80% in 2021, the next five years will return 24.41% per annum.
Alphabet Inc. is due to release its next quarterly earnings in October. However, it is important to remember that the dividend yield ratio is merely an indicator meant to only serve as guidance.
Alphabet Inc. (NASDAQ:GOOG)’s Major holders
Alphabet Inc. insiders own 0.04% of total outstanding shares while institutional holders control 68.34%, with the float percentage being 68.37%. Vanguard Group, Inc. (The) is the largest shareholder of the company, while 3,821 institutions own stock in it. As of Mar 30, 2021, the company held over 21.52 million shares (or 6.72% of all shares), a total value of $44.52 billion in shares.
The next largest institutional holding, with 19.43 million shares, is of Blackrock Inc.’s that is approximately 6.07% of outstanding shares. At the market price on Mar 30, 2021, these shares were valued at $40.2 billion.
Also, the Mutual Funds coming in first place with the largest holdings of Alphabet Inc. (GOOG) shares are Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Fund and Vanguard 500 Index Fund. Data provided on Mar 30, 2021 indicates that Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Fund owns about 7.85 million shares. This amounts to just over 2.45 percent of the company’s overall shares, with a $16.24 billion market value. The same data shows that the other fund manager holds slightly less at 5.9 million, or about 1.84% of the stock, which is worth about $12.21 billion.