During the last session, Henry Schein Inc. (NASDAQ:HSIC)’s traded shares were 0.58 million, with the beta value of the company hitting 0.88. At the end of the trading day, the stock’s price was $78.38, reflecting an intraday loss of -1.20% or -$0.95. The 52-week high for the HSIC share is $83.45, that puts it down -6.47 from that peak though still a striking 28.16% gain since the share price plummeted to a 52-week low of $56.31. The company’s market capitalization is $10.79B, and the average intraday trading volume over the past 10 days was 0.48 million shares, and the average trade volume was 741.98K shares over the past three months.
Henry Schein Inc. (HSIC) received a consensus recommendation of a Hold from analysts. That translates to a mean rating of 2.50. HSIC has a Sell rating from 1 analyst(s) out of 15 analysts who have looked at this stock. 8 analyst(s) recommend to Hold the stock while 1 suggest Overweight, and 4 recommend a Buy rating for it. 1 analyst(s) has rated the stock Underweight. Company’s earnings per share (EPS) for the current quarter are expected to be $0.97.
Henry Schein Inc. (NASDAQ:HSIC) trade information
Henry Schein Inc. (HSIC) registered a -1.20% downside in the last session and has traded in the green over the past 5 sessions. The stock plummet -1.20% in intraday trading to $78.38 this Friday, 09/03/21, hitting a weekly high. The stock’s 5-day price performance is 4.19%, and it has moved by 2.15% in 30 days. Based on these gigs, the overall price performance for the year is 18.79%. The short interest in Henry Schein Inc. (NASDAQ:HSIC) is 3.93 million shares and it means that shorts have 3.5 day(s) to cover.
The consensus price target of analysts on Wall Street is $83.85, which implies an increase of 6.52% to the stock’s current value. The extremes of the forecast give a target low and a target high price of $68.00 and $98.00 respectively. As a result, HSIC is trading at a discount of -25.03% off the target high and 13.24% off the low.
Henry Schein Inc. (HSIC) estimates and forecasts
Statistics show that Henry Schein Inc. has outperformed its competitors in share price, compared to the industry in which it operates. Henry Schein Inc. (HSIC) shares have gone up 20.98% during the last six months, with a year-to-date growth rate more than the industry average at 41.08% against 23.80. In the rating firms’ projections, revenue will increase 17.60% compared to the previous financial year.
Revenue for the current quarter is expected to be $2.87 billion as predicted by 13 analyst(s). Meanwhile, a consensus of 12 analyst(s) estimates revenue growth to $2.93 billion by the end of Sep 2021. As per earnings report from last fiscal year’s results, sales for the corresponding quarters totaled $1.68 billion and $2.47 billion respectively. In this case, analysts expect current quarter sales to grow by 70.50% and then jump by 18.40% in the coming quarter.
An analysis of the company’s performance over the past 5 years shows that the company’s earnings shrunk an estimated -0.30%. While earnings are projected to return -40.20% in 2021, the next five years will return 16.68% per annum.
Henry Schein Inc. is due to release its next quarterly earnings between November 01 and November 05. However, it is important to remember that the dividend yield ratio is merely an indicator meant to only serve as guidance.
Henry Schein Inc. (NASDAQ:HSIC)’s Major holders
Henry Schein Inc. insiders own 1.15% of total outstanding shares while institutional holders control 98.30%, with the float percentage being 99.45%. Vanguard Group, Inc. (The) is the largest shareholder of the company, while 790 institutions own stock in it. As of Mar 30, 2021, the company held over 15.7 million shares (or 11.16% of all shares), a total value of $1.09 billion in shares.
The next largest institutional holding, with 13.82 million shares, is of Blackrock Inc.’s that is approximately 9.83% of outstanding shares. At the market price on Mar 30, 2021, these shares were valued at $957.13 million.
Also, the Mutual Funds coming in first place with the largest holdings of Henry Schein Inc. (HSIC) shares are Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Fund and Vanguard Mid-Cap Index Fund. Data provided on Mar 30, 2021 indicates that Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Fund owns about 4.0 million shares. This amounts to just over 2.85 percent of the company’s overall shares, with a $277.21 million market value. The same data shows that the other fund manager holds slightly less at 3.2 million, or about 2.28% of the stock, which is worth about $221.76 million.